Morecambe Parish Church regards child protection and good working practice as a priority. In the interests of the safety and well-being of all children and young people, it has developed and operates a formal child protection policy. The church is committed to ensuring that everyone working with children or young people:
- Has undergone an appropriate level of checking by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
- Is adequately trained and supervised.
- Understands and follows the church’s child protection policy.
The child protection policy may be viewed here and/or a copy obtained from the Parish Office.
As part of this church’s commitment to children and young people, it has appointed Ruth Nightingale as Safeguarding Officer. All the children and young people involved in activities within the church should know who she is and how she can be contacted. Should the church have any child protection concerns it will seek the advice of the Diocese Child Protection Advisors and where appropriate contact the statutory authorities. Morecambe Parish Church
- Recognises that child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Is committed to supporting parents and families.
- Recognises the unique and individual worth of each child.
- Is committed to nurturing, protecting and safeguarding children and young people.
- Exercises care in the appointment of all those working with children and young people in the church, working to ‘Safe from Harm’ principles.
- Is committed to following statutory, Diocesan and specialist guidelines in working with children and young people.
- Seeks to support all those affected by abuse.
- Is committed to supporting, training and resourcing those who work with children and young people and providing regular supervision.
- Is committed to the management and supervision of known offenders in the church.
- Will review its child protection policy at least annually.
If you have any concerns for a child or in relation to any child protection matter then please speak to the clergy or the Safeguarding Officer.
Our parish statement on safeguarding adults who may be vulnerable can be downloaded here.
The Diocesan policy may be downloaded here.